Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
5-day Advanced Long-Form Shakespeare Intensive directed by Tim Orr (#09-1630)
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, United States
7–10pm on Wednesday September 12 and Thursday September 13.
10am-6pm on Friday September 14 and Saturday September 15.
Performances are 10:15pm on Saturday September 15 and 7pm on Sunday September 16.
Class size: 12 students
Class length: 3 or 8 hours (22 hours total)
Pre-Requisites: Improv training and performance experience, including Long-Form Experience.
In this Advanced Long-Form Intensive, we will work on the elements that make improvised Shakespeare thrilling:
- the richness, beauty and simplicity of the language;
- the boisterous comings and goings, and overall stage movement,that keep the story moving ahead in a dynamic fashion;
- the eccentricity and variety of the characters;
- the freedom to tell any kind of story within the Shakespearean framework (romance, mystery, crime, fantasy, etc.);
- the joy and momentum from working as a cohesive ensemble
Through working on these specifics of the Shakespearean genre and style, you'll strengthen the skills that will serve you in any genre or format.
Join Intensive director Tim Orr, and instructors Lisa Rowland and Ben Johnson for this wild ride!
Dates: Wed. Sept. 12 - Sunday Sept. 16 (Wed. 7-10, Thurs. 7-10, Friday 10-6, Sat. 10-6,
BATS Improv Class Refund Policy
Cancellation of Summer Intensives and Youth and Teen Camps more than two weeks before the start of the class results in a refund or credit minus a deposit equal to 20% of the tuition. Tuition is non-refundable beginning two weeks before the start of the class.